Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

New York!!!

Hello! I have recently returned from a trip to New York City. It wasn't actually my first time, but it was the first time that I spent a day shopping. When I went with my friend over the summer we went to museums, like the nerds that we are; with my family it looks something like this (I hope I used that semicolon correctly...) :
Mom: So, family, what would you like to do today?
Brother: LET'S GO LOOK AT GUNS!!!
Dad: Oh, I'll take Ben to do that!
(they walk out before asking me if I want to come)
Me: So, what should we do?
Mom: I was thinking a walk around Times Square.
Me: Okay!


Mom: Oh, let's go into the kitchenwares store!!
Me: Ummm...
Mom: Gabi, do you think that this set of dishes would look nice with these napkins?
Me: Can we go, please?




So as you see, these aren't really the best outings, so I was excited to go shopping. It was fun, and I got a shrug to go with a dress that I needed one for.


I also saw some weird stores...




It's a RUBBER STORE!!! I really don't get the point, though. 
I didn't realise that there were lightbulb stores. 


Those are my funny signs for today. Kind of stupid, too.


<3 Gabi


Socks today: I got some really pretty socks for 95 cents a pair at Forever 21, which we don't have here in Canadia. One is blue and gray with a pretty snow-flakey pattern, and the other is white and black with the same pattern. Due to them, I had a conversation with the girl at the checkout about mismatched socks.


P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACH!!

3 comments:

  1. haha, I've never been to New York, but people say interesting things about the place :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been but I'm determined to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. How am I just seeing this now?! Really?! Thanks, Gabi :D

    ReplyDelete

You should write something in that little box there.