Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Book Stores are Amazing

I feel so accomplished, posting so often like this. I feel like Howie jump-started me and a lot of other sparklers to keep blogging, and I've seen a lot more posts lately. THANK YOU SQUIRREL!


Anywhoodle, after Hebrew class last night, my dad offered to take me to the bookstore to meet up with my mom and brother, since my brother's school is having a book sale. Of course, he was met with a loud YESSSSSSSS!!! When I got there, I inhaled the scent of books, then went upstairs to the teen section. (By the way, what is with all of the vampire fiction? I mean, teenagers have some taste.) I started to flip through the Hunger Games, which I still need to read, when my mum sneaked up behind me and freaked me out, then offered to buy me a book. I chose something random, then decided to go look at the kids section, when I saw a book I've wanted for a really long time. Well, I didn't know that it existed, but if I did I would have wanted it. Oh, btw, it is the prequel to the Bartimaeus Trilogy, and seems interesting so far.


I just wish that books weren't so expensive in Canada, it cost $20. Is that a lot for a hardcover, or am I just forgetting after my long streak of buying books secondhand? 


Oh, New York trip is tonight, and I haven't started to pack. I'd better go and do that. 


-Gabi-


Socks today: I think one is my cousin's sock, but they are pale pink and my cousin's sock looks like it has shoelaces on it and mine has brown heels and toes.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT BOOK AND YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO BECAUSE BARTIMEAUS IS *BRILLIANT*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, YAY!!! that's what I was hoping for, the jumpstart I mean. And yes, sometimes books are SO much more expensive than they need to be. All those complaints about college textbooks? Yeah, so true. Expensive as a collection of censored words.

    ReplyDelete

You should write something in that little box there.