Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I italicized the stage directions first, I really did.

I have decided to back out of Script Frenzy. This will be explained by my brain:


COACH GABI: GAB. RI. ELLE! (She separates my name into three syllables.) WHERE'S YOU STICK-TO-IT-IVENESS?

CONTEMPLATIVE GABI: Is that even a word? I mean, I think I've seen it before, the question is where. Maybe in -

COACH GABI: LIKE I WAS SAYING, YOU ARE A WIMPY WIMP-FACE. YOU SIGNED UP FOR SCRIPT FRENZY. HEAR ME, SCRIPT FRENZY! NOW YOU'RE BACKING OUT!?

(CONTEMPLATIVE GABI hides in corner.)

NICE GABI: Aww, look at what you've done to her.

SCHOLARLY GABI: (goes to CONTEMPLATIVE GABI'S hiding corner, a look of interest on her face and scribbling on a marble patterned old fashioned note-pad.) Subject shows signs of withdrawn teenager disease.

TYPE-A GABI: Excuse me, Coach, but this decision has a logical basis, if you don't mind me saying so. You see, I need good marks in school, and Script Frenzy would only interfere with it, though it is a good learning experience. I will have enough time to study that way.

REALISTIC GABI: What you mean when you say studying is spending time online and playing guitar badly.

MUSICAL GABI: (looks offended) Hmph.


COACH GABI: SO YOU CAN DO ALL OF THEM! BE A WINNER!

MUSICAL GABI: ♫ No one likes losers which is whyyyyy God hates Loseeeerrrsssss ♫ (NOTE: An actual song :D) (twirls)

REALISTIC GABI: Trying to do all of them would lead to ruin.

SCHOLARLY GABI: (nods vigorously) Yes, yes. There have been studies done.

ADHD GABI: (squeals) Oh. My. Gosh. There's a website that sells mini giraffes. I must have a mini giraffe.

CHORUS: ♫Giraaaaaffffffeeeeeeeee♫
(MUSICAL GABI harmonizes)

NICE GABI: Where's Nerdy Gabi been? I hope she's okay.

GIRLY GABI: Oh no, she's probably being socially inept with someone attractive. (wails)

REALISTIC GABI: She is.

(COACH GABI begins to look angry. She clenches her fists and is about to say something when NICE GABI approaches her, giving her an apologetic hug. They exit DL)

GIRLY GABI: Does my butt look big in this?

(REALISTIC GABI opens her mouth to speak. CONTEMPLATIVE GABI shakes her head no.)

(Enter NERDY GABI UR)

NERDY GABI: Is it considered socially acceptable to have a long discussion about the nature of Klein bottle? I think he may have been bored.

REALISTIC GABI: He'll tell all of his friends about how weird you are.

GIRLY GABI: Crap. Who were you speaking to?

NERDY GABI: I think his name was something like Leo Di Coopryo.

CONTEMPLATIVE GABI: Fuck.

CHORUS: ♫The eeeeennndddd♫

(MUSICAL GABI tries to hit a high note, and fails. Glass shatters.)



END


If you are wondering, Contemplative Gabi likes Leo because of his role in Romeo + Juliet as the angsty teenager. Also, I don't actually swear out loud, but inner me s tend to.


<3 Gabi 

2 comments:

  1. I like all of your selves. I think they're cool. Can my invisible friends and I hang out with you guys sometime?
    Also, are the lyrics "No one likes losers which is whyyyyy God hates Loseeeerrrsssss" from the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I use swear words all the time, but only in writing, because I'm pretty sure my parents would lock me in a cupboard and douche my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

You should write something in that little box there.